I chose the Steamboat Springs area as the Honest Marijuana site because it embodies everything I love about this State — free-flowing rivers and streams, unspoiled meadows, and breathtaking mountain views, along with a strong community sense of ecological responsibility.
“To ensure that we are never the cause of any harmful impact, we promise zero waste and minimal draw on community or natural resources.”
When you think of Honest Marijuana, think zero waste. We accomplish this by using state-of-the-art equipment, complying with all regulations, and committing to the utmost respect for our environment. We’ve surpassed every standard set by the EPA and USDA. Our modern organic growing facility represents what we hope will be the model for responsible, eco-friendly, health-conscious cannabis farms and products around the country.
Honest Marijuana Company
231 Arthur Ave. Oak Creek, CO 80467
We refer to Arthur Avenue as the “Road to Pure” — our pure and natural methods of growing and nurturing product, which is provided to customers in its purest form, containing few contaminants and delivering the purest way to smoke or ingest.
Here are a few facts about the Honest Marijuana facility:
- We use highly efficient LEC lighting, which ensures a 30% lower power draw on the community’s resources. Currently, we are investigating solar power to even further reduce our electricity use.
- Our state of the art security system is compliant with regulations put forth by the State of Colorado, Marijuana Enforcement Division, and the Town of Oak Creek.
- Honest Marijuana utilizes the town water supply at a rate of close to 220 gallons per day.
A water meter tracks our usage exactly. By implementing a method called “Top Feeding” we ensure that 5% or less water is wasted in our facility. Our high-quality sediment filter keeps sediment, chlorine, and other harmful elements detrimental to our process, out of our water supply — and out of the town’s sewage system.
- Approximately 11.25 gallons of wastewater enter the town sewage system per day. All of the products used at Honest Marijuana are approved by the Organic Materials Review Institute and have been approved for organic production even in federal level food processes.
- All waste — stems, fan leaves, and extraction surplus — is confined to plant waste.
This is disposed of in accordance with state and local laws in small lockable dumpsters located inside the building. The dumpsters are placed outside for pick-up only upon arrival of the garbage truck at the building.
- Honest Marijuana uses only OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) listed soil — approximately 250 cubic feet monthly. Once crops are harvested, this soil is transferred to a local landscape company to compost and reuse for landscaping purposes.
- Our water chilled climate control system uses 30% less electricity than a standard HVAC system. Additionally, the system grabs wasted power and feeds it back into the system to be reused, resulting in an additional 10% energy savings. When the external ambient temperature is below 45 degrees, our system is able to utilize the outside air and convert it into another 60—70% energy savings. The chiller/compressor units are installed on the roof to mitigate noise at the ground level. This is as loud as a large residential A/C unit.
- All plants are air dried. We use an oven to create wax and hash, but any hexane and butane (bho) is recycled for a minimal impact on the atmosphere.
- All of our fertilizers are USDA approved organic.
- All of our nutrients are guaranteed organic — certified by OMRI that they do not contain any synthetic ingredients.